I saw Dr. Tuchman yesterday. This was my first visit following the kidney biopsy and finding amyloid there. I have L-amyloidosis. Dr. Tuchman feels I'm doing well enough that we can postpone starting treatments until after the wedding May 2. The first step after the wedding is to have a cardiac MRI. Based on that, I'll know whether or not SCT might be an option. Dr. Tuchman also mentioned a clinical trial involving a new drug combination that I might qualify for.
So, Wayne and I are forging ahead with our wedding plans. The wedding itself is going to be a very simple event, held right here on the farm. We've decided to make it a celebration of the love and support of our family and friends instead of a fancy wedding. We have so much to be thankful for.
BJ, Wonderful that your amazing wedding is coming up soon. I personally think simple weddings are the best. You will have your beloved Wayne with you during your journey with AMY. Stay Strong & Positive!
Hi BJ -
Martha here. Sent you an email...still feel free to call me if I can be of any support. Glad the visit with Dr. Tuchman went well!
Great decision on the wedding - know it will all go well.
How did you feel about Dr. Tuchman?
I get a second opinion from him on April 7.
Hang in there - pulling for you and know you will have a sunny wedding day!
Thank you, Martha. I’ll be touching base with you soon as I begin to formulate my questions. Right now, I’m not sure what to ask, beyond the obvious.
Golfer, I have seem Dr. Tuchman twice now, and I feel better each time I see him. I have the utmost confidence in him and the treatment plan he and I will finally decide on. I think we are very blessed to have a doctor of his caliber on our side. I think you’ll feel the same way. He is great.