New Partner - The Social Security Law Group

For any of our Members that are having difficulty applying for Social Security Disability, we have a new Partner that can assist you! The link is under Partners on the Main Page on the bottom right side. (www.sslg.com)

Should you contact them, please tell them you are a Member of Ben's Friends.

Any patient diagnosed with Cardiac Amyloidosis will be fast tracked through the system in order to receive SSD. We are diligently working to have this changed to include all patients with systemic amyloidosis.

That is good news, ga_peach!

Thank you for sharing this with the Group, ga_peach! Very important information!

Can you explain what you mean by this please My son has cardiac involvement is this different from Cardiac Amyloidosis Do you mean stem cell transplant when you say SSD? Moffitt seems very reluctant to do a SCT on him and I'm very confused why, when Mayo does transplants on patients who are much sicker cardiac wise than my son He does have smoldering multiple myeloma He cannot go to any of the Mayo clinics for lack of insurance He only has Medicare and share of cost Medicaid They don't take the latter insurance at Mayo I don't have the finances otherwise he would be at Mayo already I had a sick husband before my son got sick In fact he was sick for a big part of our 28 year marriage He passed 14 years ago I can't quite believe my poor son is now going through this nightmare after seeing his Dad sick for so many years

ga_peach said:

Any patient diagnosed with Cardiac Amyloidosis will be fast tracked through the system in order to receive SSD. We are diligently working to have this changed to include all patients with systemic amyloidosis.

SSD is Social Security Disability. I wish you had come to the Jacksonville meeting so Dr. Sher could have explained to you the reasons why SCT is not always available to those with Cardiac Amyloidosis. If your son will continue with his chemo as prescribed, he may improve enough to become eligible for a Stem Cell transplant. Is he still taking the chemo or has he stopped it again? I would suggest that you take advantage of the Myeloma webinar and call in your questions to Dr. Rajkumar. You can register by following the link in the email I sent out earlier today.

Paula Schmitt

GA/FL/DC Support Group Facilitator

Amyloidosis Support Groups

www.amyloidosissupport.com

Thank you he is still taking the chemo and hopefully the SCT will happen down the road I did sign up already for the webinar

ga_peach said:

SSD is Social Security Disability. I wish you had come to the Jacksonville meeting so Dr. Sher could have explained to you the reasons why SCT is not always available to those with Cardiac Amyloidosis. If your son will continue with his chemo as prescribed, he may improve enough to become eligible for a Stem Cell transplant. Is he still taking the chemo or has he stopped it again? I would suggest that you take advantage of the Myeloma webinar and call in your questions to Dr. Rajkumar. You can register by following the link in the email I sent out earlier today.

Paula Schmitt

GA/FL/DC Support Group Facilitator

Amyloidosis Support Groups

www.amyloidosissupport.com